[MITgcm-support] ECCO LLC Data Portal and Python Tools

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 09:47:25 EDT 2019

Hi MITgcm Folks,

I wanted to share some new developments which will make it easier to access
and work with the MITgcm ECCO LLC family of simulations.

Everything is described in this blog post:

https://medium.com/pangeo/petabytes-of-ocean-data-part-1-nasa-ecco-data-portal-81e3c5e077be
<https://medium.com/pangeo/petabytes-of-ocean-data-part-1-nasa-ecco-data-portal-81e3c5e077be?postPublishedType=repub>

Bottom line is that you can now access the LLC data from anywhere over the
internet. Dimitris Menemenlis and his colleagues at NAS were crucial to
making this happen. I know these simulations are of great interest and
value to our community, so I hope these tools will have an impact on our
science.

Best,
Ryan