[MITgcm-support] FLT trajectories stuck on land

Simone Sammartino ssammartino at ctima.uma.es
Tue Jul 2 14:35:38 EDT 2019

Hi Paola.

I had to cope with this issue in one recent work where I had to model particle trajectories with offline velocity fields coming from MITgcm. The paper is this one:
https://aslopubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/lom3.10231). As it was about water renewal assessment in a port, I had to face the problem of how particles were interacting with docks walls and I found a quite simple solution based in current decomposition along solid boundaries.
You can find further details I'm the paper.
I hope it will help you.
Cheers.

Simone Sammartino
Physical Oceanography Group
University of Málaga
sent from my mobile phone that thanks to God is not an iPhone