[MITgcm-support] changes in seaice default behaviour?

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jan 31 10:49:59 EST 2019

Hi Christoph,

here:
<https://github.com/MITgcm/MITgcm/issues/107>
you can see, what the new defaults are. I guess you can try to do override some of them:

SEAICEscaleSurfStress (was .FALSE. now .TRUE.)
SEAICEaddSnowMass (was .FALSE. now .TRUE.)
SEAICE_useMultDimSnow (was .FALSE. now .TRUE., this will make ice thicker)
SEAICE_drag (factor of two smaller now)
SEAICE_waterDrag (shouldn’t make too much of a difference, since you didn’t set it explicitly)

More precise comments in doc/tag-index

I’m afraid, that none of this seems to me to be a candidate for your problems (maybe scaleSurfStress).

Martin