[MITgcm-support] On the set up of the OBCS volume conservation in a regional simulation with curvilinear grid

whale 250107302 at qq.com
Wed Aug 28 23:56:34 EDT 2019

Hi Martin

Many thanks for such a clear explanation!

By following your comments, I can further understand how the OBCS works in a simulation with a curvilinear grid now. I have read a matlab file entitled ‘rotate_uv2uvEN.m’, and I find the core code as follows:

uE(:,k)=AngleCS(:).*u(:,k)-AngleSN(:).*v(:,k);

vN(:,k)=AngleSN(:).*u(:,k)+AngleCS(:).*v(:,k);

 where uE and vN, I think , are the velocity fields aligned with the geographical meridional and zonal directions, and the inverse calculation should also rotate the velocity field from the geographical direction to the corresponding curvilinear grid.

Am I right?

Cheers

Chengyan