[MITgcm-support] Behavior of Ptracers at Orlanski boundary

Yilang Xu yxu at whoi.edu
Mon Apr 15 09:52:54 EDT 2019

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much for your reply. I have been using RBCS to prescribe an area of continuous supply of ptracers following post (http://mailman.mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2017-December/011372.html), which might not be a perfect solution to mimic salt. However it works to some extent.

In my experiments, the boundary values would not matter as long as they don't accumulate. By looking at exp4, I realized that I almost forgot RBCS can be used to enforce ptracers decay at the boundary. Let me check the model behavior later.

Best,
Yilang