[MITgcm-support] scratch1.00000#### in run directory

Ivana Escobar ivana at utexas.edu
Wed Sep 26 16:20:44 EDT 2018

Hi from Texas,

I’m working on debugging my data.* files to get a problem to run. When it crashes, I get two series of files in my run directory:
scratch1.00000#### (I get one for each processor I call for, 698 in my case)
scratch2.00000#### (numbering goes up to 698 in my case, but file count is way less)

The contents of the files vary from being completely empty to containing data.exf content, which is where I think my bug is. I am not sure how I turned on this level of debugging, but can anyone suggest which series of flags control printing these large quantity of files?

Thank you,

Ivana Escobar
Graduate Student
The University of Texas at Austin
The Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences
POB 3SEi4D
ivana at utexas.edu
(210) 788-1499