[MITgcm-support] Fatal error in PMPI_Comm_rank: Invalid communicator, error stack

Srinivasu U srinivasu.u at incois.gov.in
Fri Sep 7 01:05:38 EDT 2018

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your reply. I unloaded openmpi and run "which mpirun". As you said, it is showing a different mpirun path.

module load openmpi

which mpirun

/gpfs1/home/Libs/INTEL/OPENMPI/openmpi-1.8.4/bin/mpirun

module unload openmpi

which mpirun

/gpfs1/opt/intel/icsxe/impi/4.1.3.048/intel64/bin/mpirun

I tried to run with second mpirun, but getting the same error.
Same error persists which mpiexec as well.
Any more suggestions?

Srinivasu U
Scientist-C, CSG,
Indian National Center for Ocean Information Services(INCOIS),
Hyderabad-500090.
Telephone:04023886146