[MITgcm-support] Tracer instabilities when I reduce hFacMinDr

C Spencer Jones csjones at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 30 11:51:08 EDT 2018

Hi Kaitlin,
I had a similar problem, but with the Prather advection scheme, when the
maximum bathymetry depth exceeded the sum of the cell depths (these often
have pretty similar values). I found that reducing the maximum depth of my
bathymetry by a couple of meters solved the problem. Maybe that is worth a
try?
Thanks,
Spencer