[MITgcm-support] to prepare horizGridFile for the curvilinear coordinates

whale 250107302 at qq.com
Fri Oct 5 12:23:50 EDT 2018

Dear Yi-Chih,

Based on my reading of your discussion with Martin, I think you might want to know how to generate the curvilinear grid files for a regional simulation. Indeed, recently, I am also very interesting in how set up a regional simulation based on the curvilinear grid. I find that there are a few MATLAB scripts in the website as follows:

http://wwwcvs.mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube/matlab-grid-generator/

After reading some of these codes, I think here may be a good start to learn how generates the grid files what we need. I hope these information can help you.

Cheers

Chengyan