[MITgcm-support] No output every 4th depth

Mari Fjalstad Jensen Mari.F.Jensen at uib.no
Fri Nov 16 05:24:01 EST 2018

Hi again Martin (or others),
I was a bit quick yesterday, sorry, I only checked one grid cell which
looked good.
However, now I am not able to read the bathymetry-input correctly
anymore, and I get zeros at the surface too.

I added -assume byterecl to the build-options so that it now looks like:

FC=mpiifort
CC=mpiicc
LINK=$FC
DEFINES='-DWORDLENGTH=4'
CPP='cpp  -traditional -P'
NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'
INCLUDES="-I${NETCDF_DIR}/include
-I/opt/cray/mpt/7.1.2/gni/mpich2-pgi/141/include"

# NetCDF not in use at this time
    FFLAGS=" -g -r8 -extend_source 132 -convert big_endian -assume
byterecl"
    FOPTIM="-pc=64 -O2"

Any other guesses? I
Mari

On 15/11/2018 17.26, Mari Fjalstad Jensen wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> That was a great wild guess; it worked! Thanks a lot!
> Mari
>
> Den 2018-11-15 12:27 skreiv Martin Losch:
>> Hi Mari,
>>
>> this is a wild guess: In my intel (ifort) opt files, I always have the
>> combination of “FFLAGS=$FFLAGS -assume byterecl” with
>> "DEFINES='-DWORDLENGTH=4’"
>>
>> btw, you don’t need '-DALLOW_USE_MPI -DALWAYS_USE_MPI’, you just need
>> to specify "genmake2 -mpi”
>>
>> Martin
>>
>>> On 14. Nov 2018, at 22:32, Mari Fjalstad Jensen
>>> <Mari.F.Jensen at uib.no> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> I've recently moved an existing setup with MITgcm to a new machine.
>>> I got the model up and running, and the surface ouput looks
>>> reasonable, but I only get ouput at every forth depth. The problem
>>> is already in setting up the grid. dRC etc looks fine, but hFacC and
>>> similar has a zero at every forth depth.
>>> The depth.data-output looks like the bathymetry input I give it, so
>>> I don't think there is a problem with reading input files. SIZE.h
>>> looks correct too.
>>> I use the same data-file and input as in a previous setup on a
>>> different machine, which works fine. Anyway, I've pasted in the
>>> data-file, and the build-options (which is what is changed from the
>>> other machine)
>>> Anyone know what the problem could be?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any advice!
>>> Mari
>>>
>>> build options:
>>>
>>> FC=mpiifort
>>> CC=mpiicc
>>> LINK=$FC
>>> DEFINES='-DWORDLENGTH=4 -DALLOW_USE_MPI -DALWAYS_USE_MPI'
>>> CPP='cpp  -traditional -P'
>>> NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'
>>> INCLUDES="-I${NETCDF_DIR}/include
>>> -I/opt/cray/mpt/7.1.2/gni/mpich2-pgi/141/include"
>>>
>>> # NetCDF not in use at this time
>>>    FFLAGS=" -g -r8 -extend_source 132 -convert big_endian"
>>>    FOPTIM="-pc=64 -O2"
>>>

>>> data:
>>>
>>> # Continuous equation parameters
>>> &PARM01