[MITgcm-support] Tidal over Gaussian topography

subhajit kar subhajitkar19 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 09:31:07 EDT 2018

Hello MITgcm folks,

    I am trying to model tidal flow over a gaussian topography. I modified
the external_forcing.F file to include a tidal flow of u=0.02*cos(omega*t).

    Also, I am using obcs i.e., obcs_calc.F to give the same forcing at the
western boundary as well.

   I am assuming the above method is correct.

   However, after compilation, I am getting below error -

external_forcing.f:9322:9:

          gT(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)=gT(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)
         1
Error: Function ‘gt’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
external_forcing.f:9322:28:

          gT(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)=gT(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)
                            1
Error: Function ‘gt’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
external_forcing.f:12316:9:

          gS(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)=gS(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)
         1
Error: Function ‘gs’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
external_forcing.f:12316:28:

          gS(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)=gS(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)
                            1
Error: Function ‘gs’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT type

   Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Subhajit Kar