[MITgcm-support] Atmospheric forcing files (and updates)

Raphael Dussin raphael.dussin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:44:42 EDT 2018

Hi all,

The CFC atmospheric concentration file (from the verification examples)
only goes to 1997. I need a longer period so I've build my update to
near-present :

https://github.com/raphaeldussin/MITgcm-recipes/blob/master/pre-processing/forcing/atmospheric_cfcs/Update_CFC_Atmo_forcing_for_MITgcm.ipynb

Maybe someone has already updated it but it's not in the MITgcm repo.

Should we think about what would be the best way to have regularly
updated forcing files available to the community ? Is the MITgcm github
repo the right place to do it or somewhere else ? (some forcing files can
be large) have then validated by an expert of the topic ?,...

The idea is that we don't duplicate efforts and have
up-to-date(+validated?) data
ready when we need it.

Thanks for reading,
Raphael

*Raphael Dussin*

*C'est pas l'homme qui prend la mer, c'est la mer qui prend l'homme...*