[MITgcm-support] EVP subcycling

Naughten, Kaitlin A. kaight at bas.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 10:44:31 EDT 2018

Hi Martin,

Sorry for my slow reply - I wanted to confirm that my solution was indeed stable before I responded! Thanks to your suggestions I found the right mEVP parameters (my configuration seems to be more stable with mEVP than with aEVP or LSR, at least for the parameters I tried) and the blowup I was struggling with for weeks hasn't shown itself since. I think it was just a case of not enough subcycles. Thanks again for all your help during this setup stage.

All the best,

Kaitlin