[MITgcm-support] testreport with global_with_exf

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Feb 19 04:31:57 EST 2018

Hi Neil,

this:
bkli04m001::tr_run.yearly (master)> cat STDERR*
(PID.TID 0000.0001) ** Warning ** PROFILES_READPARMS: ignores "data.profiles" file since
(PID.TID 0000.0001) ** Warning ** PROFILES_READPARMS: usePROFILES= F (set from "data.pkg")
(PID.TID 0000.0001) SET_REF_STATE: Unable to compute reference stratification
(PID.TID 0000.0001) SET_REF_STATE:  with EOS="POLY3" ; set dBdrRef(1:Nr) to zeros

appears to be normal. The error is raise in this part of the code (starting at line 106 of exf_check.F):
      IF ( useAtmWind ) THEN
       IF ( ustressfile .NE. ' ' .OR. vstressfile .NE. ' ' ) THEN
        WRITE(msgBuf,'(A)')
     &   'EXF_CHECK: use u,v_wind components but not wind-stress'
        CALL PRINT_ERROR( msgBuf, myThid )
        errCount = errCount + 1
       ENDIF
…

u/vstressfile are set in this experiment, and in my run I get:
(PID.TID 0000.0001) // ALLOW_ATM_WIND (useAtmWind):    NOT defined

So I assume that you either changed something to set the ALLOW_ATM_WIND cpp flag, or you set the runtime flag useAtmWind in data.exf.

To make things simple, I would checkout a fresh copy of the MITgcm and run testreport again. If that works, then you’ll have to figure out what’s different between the “untouched” MITgcm and your version. With CVS (or git if you are already there), it should be easy to find the differences between your version of the code and the default (usually working) version of the code.

Martin