[MITgcm-support] is Orlanski radiation condition working in the rotating rank of MITgcm?

Yi-Chih Huang dscpln at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 06:57:01 EST 2018

Dear MITgcm experts,

    I ran into numerical disturbances around the boundary working on the
rotating rank of MITgcm in the Arctic regions.  I tried to apply Orlanski
radiation condition to the rotating rank in data.obcs below.  However, the
patterns with the data.obcs are almost the same as the original one.  There
is no error message in the log files.  Do you think Orlanski radiation
condition is working in the rotating rank of MITgcm?  How should I update
the boundary conditions on MITgcm?

# Open-boundaries
 &OBCS_PARM01
 OB_Ieast=102*-1,