[MITgcm-support] internal barrier/boundary for SEAICE

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Aug 9 04:30:36 EDT 2018

Hi Dan,

I am afraid not. What’s worse, I have somewhat inconsistently replaced the internal mask of the seaice model (HEFFM) by maskC in many places (but not all), so that you can’t even use a modifed HEFFM to do what you want. You could, as a hack, use the bottom drag parameterization for fast ice to impose fast ice, e.g. by modify CbotC in seaice_bottomdrag_coeffs.F to reflect your geometry.

Martin