[MITgcm-support] Super-parameterization configurations

Budgell, Paul paul.budgell at imr.no
Wed Sep 20 12:10:58 EDT 2017

Hi,

I read with great interest a paper by Jean-Michel Campin and Helen Jones "Super-Parameterization in ocean modelling: Application to deep convection"? in Ocean Modelling. I was wondering if there were available a MITgcm configuration for that study? I am studying induced artificial upwelling for enhanced primary productivity in a Norwegian fjord and think the super-parameterization approach employed by Campin and Jones could be a very powerful approach to couple the detailed plume dynamics to the background fjord circulation.

Paul Budgell