[MITgcm-support] Prescribed atmospheric temperatures and freshwater flux with exf/seaice/thsice packages

Sandy.Gregorio at uqar.ca Sandy.Gregorio at uqar.ca
Tue Oct 24 18:26:34 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I want to use EXF/SEAICE and THSICE packages and prescribed atmospheric temperatures, net freshwater flux and surface winds. In EXF_OPTIONS.h, I 'defined' ALLOW_ATM_TEMP to read my atmospheric temperatures.

When I run my config, I have a warning message: ** WARNING ** EXF_CHECK: "sflux" field is loaded from file but not used within pkg/exf

Is it possible to use EXF with atmospheric temperature and freshwater flux or do I need to prescribed precipitation and evaporation to compute my freshwater flux ? I want EXF to compute the net heat flux and to read the net freshwater flux but I wonder if it is possible, and if not, what could be an alternative.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sandy