[MITgcm-support] Adding multiple tracers to MITgcm

Dhruv Balwada db194 at nyu.edu
Wed Nov 15 13:30:37 EST 2017

Hello,

I am doing an experiment with MITgcm using multiple tracers that are restored at a certain boundary. I am using the rbcs and ptracers package. The simulations works when I only restore one of the tracers, but when I add multiple tracers to the data.rbcs file I start getting the error -

'forrtl: severe (19): invalid reference to variable in NAMELIST input, unit 11, file /var/tmpdata/fortew5BaY, line 5, position 18
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
libifcore.so.5     00002B14AF4B7A28  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
‘

I think this error implies that there is some typo in the data files, and probably in data.rbcs because that where the STDOUT stopped. However, I can’t find any thing that seems out of place.
Here is the text from data.rbcs -
 &RBCS_PARM01
  rbcsForcingPeriod=0,
  useRBCptracers=.TRUE.,
  relaxMaskFile(3)='tracer_mask.bin',
  relaxMaskFile(4)='tracer_mask.bin',
 &
 &RBCS_PARM02
  useRBCptrnum(1)=.TRUE.,
  tauRelaxPTR(1)=1000.,
  relaxPtracerFile(1)='tracer_relax.bin',
  useRBCptrnum(2)=.TRUE.,
  tauRelaxPTR(2) =100000.,
  relaxPtracerFile(2)='tracer_relax.bin',
 &

And here is the text from data.ptracers -
 &PTRACERS_PARM01
  PTRACERS_Iter0=4147200,
  PTRACERS_numInUse=3,
  PTRACERS_names(1)='TRAC01',