[MITgcm-support] MITgcm on GPU

Andrea Cimatoribus andrea.cimatoribus at epfl.ch
Mon Nov 13 04:50:01 EST 2017

Dear all,
I have been reading a bit on the partial porting of MITgcm on GPU:
https://www.ll.mit.edu//HPEC/agendas/proc10/Day1/PA08_Richardson_abstract.pdf

I was wondering if there is still work going on on this aspect, and if
the GPU accelerated library is available to the users in some way. I am
asking because I am porting my models on the Swiss supercomputer
(cscs.ch), which offers interesting allocation schemes for hybrid
CPU/GPU codes. While MITgcm performs already very well as a CPU code on
their machine, GPU-acceleration would open interesting opportunities.

Thanks, Andrea

--
Andrea Cimatoribus
postdoctoral researcher