[MITgcm-support] geostrophic current in ocean modeling

Yangxin He y67he at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 7 12:28:02 EST 2017

Hi,

I have a question regarding setting up a geostrophic current in ocean modeling.

I have initialized a geostrophic current V(x,z) through vVelInitFile in data. The initialization seems working fine, but since for the geostrophic current to exist, I need to have rotation (see thermal wind relation). However, since the rotation is on, the current will be changed after the initialization. I would like to have an unchanging current V(x,z), which does not depend on time.

How do you suggest I do this?

Thanks a lot

Yangxin