[MITgcm-support] open boundary in ocean modeling

Yangxin He y67he at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 7 12:20:45 EST 2017

Hi,

I have a question about the open boundary package obcs in ocean modeling.

I am currently sending internal waves forced at the left/west boundary into the domain, which i coded up in obcs_calc.F and it seems working fine.

I have added a bathymetry at the bottom/south boundary, to do this, I initialized a file through bathyFile in data and also I have set no_slip_bottom=.TRUE.. So the point is I want to have a closed boundary/wall at the bottom/south boundary.

But the problem is that, with my current setting, the vertical velocity at the bottom boundary is not 0, which is not right.

How do you suggest I fix this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Yangxin