[MITgcm-support] Salinity budget tendencies

Mattia Almansi mattia.almansi at jhu.edu
Tue May 30 12:13:10 EDT 2017

Hi all,

This is Mattia Almansi and I'm a Ph.D. student at JHU.
I'm trying to close the salinity budget for a non-linear free surface/z*
coordinates configuration.
I'm using the same procedure explained here:
http://mitgcm.org/download/daily_snapshot/MITgcm/doc/Heat_Salt_Budget_MITgcm.pdf

However, my salinity budget tendencies are not equal to TOTSTEND.
Why this method does not work for non-linear free surface configurations?
Which diagnostics should I use?

Thanks,
Mattia

--