[MITgcm-support] using ECCOv4 exf inputs with a different model

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Thu May 25 10:58:56 EDT 2017

Hello,

I would like to use the exf input forcing dataset produced by Gael for
ECCOv4 (e.g. ECCO_v4_r2/forcing_baseline2/eccov4r2_rain_2010.data, etc.)
with a different model with a different grid (llc1080).

My current understanding is that this is basically impossible because the
ECCOv4 inputs are already interpolated to the llc90 grid, rather than a
regular lat lon grid.

Am I right? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Ryan

p.s. If anyone can point me to a global, modern set of exf input data for
MITgcm based on ECMWF, NCEP, or CORE, I would sincerely appreciate it.