[MITgcm-support] ideal age tracer

David Ferreira dfer at mit.edu
Wed May 24 10:32:09 EDT 2017

Hi Alexandre,
To add to Jean Michel's response, this setup uses a 10-day relaxation timescale at the surface, which is a bit long. You could go down to a timescale of a few time steps (in your case a few hours).
Another point, you could use the rbcs package to do the surface relaxation (instead of hard coded bit in ptracers_forcing_surf.F). The advantage is that the relaxation timescale is then a runtime parameter.

cheers,
david