[MITgcm-support] pickup file for ptracer

钱钰坤 qianyk at mail3.sysu.edu.cn
Tue May 23 05:54:22 EDT 2017

Hi all,

When I was ready to hack the pickup files of ptracer, I found that there are two files: pickup_ptracers.ckptA.data and pickup_somTRAC01.ckptA.data.  It is easy for me to hack the content of pickup_ptracer.ckptA.data, but I am not sure it would be enough to restart the model leaving the pickup_somTRAC01.ckptA.data unchanged.

I've searched the manual and even googled for the purpose of pickup_somTRAC01* files but found nothing.  The corresponding meta file shows that nrecords is 9, indicating 9 variables without specifying their variable names.  A quick search through the code shows me that these files contains statistics of the moment (SOM?) for the ptracers, but I am not sure.

Can anyone tell me more details about the file pickup_somTRAC*?  If I want to hack the content of pickup files for ptracers, do I need to hack the pickup_somTRAC* files accordingly so that both pickup files are read by the model in a consistent sense?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
 Best regards

Yu-Kun Qian (钱钰坤)
Center for Monsoon and Environment Research
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences
School of Environmental Science and Engineering
 Sun Yat-sen University
No. 135 Xingang West Road, Haizhu District
Guangzhou, 510275, P.R. China
Tel; 020-84115227
Email: qianyk at mail3.sysu.edu.cn