[MITgcm-support] zenith angle

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed May 17 11:39:15 EDT 2017

Hi Gael,

how do I use the zenith-angle code properly? After compiling with ALLOW_ZENITHANGLE I set (in data.exf)
select_ZenAlbedo  = 1,

but my simulation does not seem to be affected very much. I see that the code averages between “exf_albedo” (defaults to 0.1, I use 0.1556 for some historical reasons, I guess following An Nguyen et al 2011) and “zen_albedo”. What is the range of albedos to expect from this parameterization and do I need to set exf_albedo to something specific?