[MITgcm-support] Using NetCDF

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Thu Jun 29 22:41:07 EDT 2017

`ld` is your linker.  It links your libraries to the source code (i.e.
the netcdf libraries in this case).

You need to lead `libmfhdf.so.0` and `libdf.so.0.`  They should be in
`/home/sgoodnight/miniconda3/envs/ncl_stable/lib/` If they are, but
`libnetcdf` can’t link to them, my guess would be that you didn’t
install `libnetcdf` properly (i.e. maybe used `pip` instead of `conda
install`).  Suggest you uninstall netcdf and try again with `conda`.
Conda handles external dependencies like `netcdf4` quite smoothly, but
if you have old cruft on your system you will have problems.

Since you are using miniconda3, you might want to create a [new
environment](https://docs.continuum.io/ae-notebooks/user/anaconda) and
start again and re-direct genmake2 to the new clean directory.

Cheers,   Jody