[MITgcm-support] Temperature Advection Scheme : Internal Gravity Wave Simulation

Hanut Vemulapalli hanut2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:00:32 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to simulate gravity waves produced by an isolated gaussian
topography in a uniformly stratified ocean. I have a 2D simulation with
unit depth in the y-coordinate. I am applying the tidal forcing by
prescribing the U-velocity at the boundaries (@Jody: Thank you for your
suggestions) . I am able to simulate gravity waves, but could anyone please
advice as to which temperature advection scheme would be best suited for my
case and to what extent the scheme used can effect the wave field produced.
I have tried using schemes 2,3,33 and 77 but there seems to be no
difference in the wave field produced and the gravity wave beam is not
sharp/poorly resolved.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Hanut V