[MITgcm-support] questions about nonhydrostatic part

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Mon Jun 5 10:50:10 EDT 2017

Hi Pengyang,

Did you read also the second 1997 JGR paper: "A finite-volume, incompressible Navier Stokes
model for studies of the ocean on parallel computers"
I think most of the information is there, and/or in section 4 of the manual, e.g.,
 http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node187.html

We currently don't use multi-grid methods and the nonhydrostatic solver uses
communications between tiles (+ few global_sum ) to solve the global 3-D elliptic
NH-pressure equation.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel