[MITgcm-support] Failure to create pickup file for DIC

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Dec 14 04:50:04 EST 2017

Hi Takaya,

I am not familiar with the Darwin package, but seg.fault usually mean some memory problem. I am guessing that you exceed the allowed stack memory of your shell. Try to “unilimit” the memory settings in your run script, i.e. for bash "ulimit -s unlimited” or for csh something like "limit stacksize unlimited”, before running the model

The other option is that somethings is wrong with writing the pickup-meta files (they are written immediately after the pickup-data files in darwin_write_pickup.F), but I find this unlikely.
You may want to check, (maybe if -g and trackback options of your compiler), where exactly the seg.fault is happening.

Martin