[MITgcm-support] Use MITgcm to do the 3D Lagrangian float simulation

YI LIU liuyi315 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Tue Apr 18 09:15:22 EDT 2017

Dear all MITgcm users,

I am now trying to use "flt_example" to do the 3D Lagrangian float simulation. In the process, I am confused by a problem: since I use 4 CPU to simulate, and I hope that all the output will be shown in only one file. I added the line "useSingleCpuIO = .TRUE. " in the data file, but it seems not work. My result looks like "float_trajectories.001.001.data""float_trajectories.002.001.data", etc. It will cause some trouble to me when I am doing the postprocessing. So, if possible, could you please tell me what I should do to solve this problem? Looking forward to your reply! Thanks!

Best regards,

Yi Liu