[MITgcm-support] MITgcm-support Digest, Vol 159, Issue 26

Menemenlis, Dimitris (329C) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 27 12:30:46 EDT 2016

Hi Georgy, a good reference for answering your question is:
http://paoc.mit.edu/paoc/papers/seaiceLoading.pdf

Sea ice pressure load term is never ignored.
It is either included as equivalent sea-water pressure, in the “levitating”
sea ice case, or it is explicitly included as sea ice pressure in the
case of JM’s rescaled vertical coordinate z* scheme.

Dimitris