[MITgcm-support] The errors in the Eta when Pickup is used

Mike 717613378 at qq.com
Tue Sep 20 09:17:30 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I used MITgcm to simulate the internal tide in the practical experiment and tryed to use the pickup.
In the testing experiments, the model was run about 10 days in the Step1; then, in Step2 the model was run from the pickup file stored at the 8th day. In addition, the staggerTimeStep was used in the model. I found that the simulated results, including u, v, w, temp and salt, were all nearly equal in the overlappling intervals, but the Eta was not. In addition, the  The figure of the simulated results at one grid point is shown in the attachment.

Could you help me? Thanking in advance, Mike