[MITgcm-support] Bug in exf_interp routine?

Nora Loose Nora.Loose at uib.no
Mon Sep 19 07:26:01 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the exf_interp routine, probably easiest to answer for the code developers.

Is it possible that there is a small bug in line 151 of exf_interp.F (where 2 rows are added at the southern end of the input grid and care is taken of their latitude assignments)? I am using version c65u, and the exf_interp routine has not been updated since then (as far as I can see).

The code reads as

|y_in(0)| > yPole and |y_in(-1)| > yPole,

where I think it should be

|y_in(0)| < yPole and |y_in(-1)| > yPole.

I might be wrong… but when applying the same procedure at the north pole (line 169), something equivalent to the suggested version is done.

Thanks for your help,

Nora

Nora Loose, PhD research fellow
Department of Earth Science