[MITgcm-support] Oscillation in simulation of the Gulf of México

Josué Martínez Moreno josue_pingu at ciencias.unam.mx
Mon Oct 10 19:03:42 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build an oceanic experiment of the Gulf of Mexico, with
east-south open boundaries and atmospheric forcing in the entire domain.
The model seems to work but I get some spurious oscillations in the results
(Animation: http://faraday.fciencias.unam.mx/josue/video/Temp_oscillatio
n.mp4). When I remove the winds in my simulation the oscillations
disappear, because of that I attach the EXF files (data.exf and
EXF_OPTIONS.h) maybe the mistake is in my configuration. I would like to
know if someone know why those oscillations appear in my simulation and
also if someone knows how to remove those oscillations.

data.exf --> http://faraday.fciencias.unam.mx/josue/mitgcm_configurat
ion/data.exf
EXF_OPTIONS.h --> http://faraday.fciencias.unam.mx/josue/mitgcm_configurat
ion/EXF_OPTIONS.h

Have a great day and thank you
Josue Martinez Moreno
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
P.S. Thank you so much by the last answer.