[MITgcm-support] Defining different regions over the same area with regional diagnostics

gmail mozzatoale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 05:34:13 EDT 2016

Dear MITgcm users,

I am using the regional diagnostic package on my Arctic configuration of the MITgcm.
I have presently defined 3 disjointed regions in my configuration.
This works fine but now I would like to add some other regions for the diagnostics.
In particular I want to define some subregions over the already defined regions.
Moreover I would like as an output both the large region and the subregion.

Now, because of the way the regional diagnostics are defined it appears it is not possible to have two regions defined over the same area.
I have searched this a bit but I couldn’t find any possible solution.

Do you have any suggestions?

All the best,
Alessandro