[MITgcm-support] Revisiting Online PV Diagnostics

Jacob Wenegrat jwenegrat at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:32:52 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I see reference a time or two in the mailing list archive to people
either interested in online PV diagnostics, or playing around with
implementing online PV diagnostics, and I wonder if anyone ever made any
further progress on those topics?

In particular I am interested in closing a volume integrated PV budget
in flux form. This seems to work reasonably well offline in a 2D
configuration, but fails at the onset of baroclinic instability in 3D runs.

I'm tending towards thinking that an online computation is the best
possible approach, but would welcome any advice, suggestions, warnings,
etc. from those more experienced with these issues.

Cheers,
Jacob

--
Jacob Wenegrat