[MITgcm-support] documentation about OBC Orlanski and Balance Flow

Camille Mazoyer mazoyer at univ-tln.fr
Mon Feb 1 11:57:27 EST 2016

Le 01/02/2016 17:17, Martin Losch a écrit :
> Hi Camille,
>
> I think the balance-flow option is properly described in the docs. It’s just a correction after the conditions have been computed.
> The Stevens BC are now available for all boundaries (although I have to admit, that I used and tested the E-W boundaries the most)
Great new! So I can try it also in a simulation.
> You can also mix the BCs, ie. have Stevens for one boundary and Orlanski for another, and neither for a third boundary.
Ok. I will think about these ideas!

> For details of the Orlanski BCs you’ll probably have to read the code (and refer to textbooks), I am afraid.
Yes, indeed. I began to do that. I translate the OBC_Balance routine
into numerics, and I read the Orlanski routine also. But it's not always
easy to understand it for a MITgcm beginner :-)

Thanks for all, and for taking time to answer me,
Camille