[MITgcm-support] About hydrostatic model

Dustin Carroll dcarroll at uoregon.edu
Thu Aug 25 10:37:21 EDT 2016

Dear Xuminqquan,

The MITgcm can be run in either hydrostatic (default setting) or nonhydrostatic configuration. To enable the nonhydrostatic terms and algorithm, you’ll need to add:

#define ALLOW_NONHYDROSTATIC under code/CPP_OPTIONS.h and set nonHydrostatic=.TRUE., in your data file.

Also, see the example under /MITgcm/verification/plume_on_slope

Best,
Dustin