[MITgcm-support] Sensitivities, OpenAD, tiles

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Sep 4 03:13:54 EDT 2015

Hi Heriberto,

I haven’t worked with OpenAD yet, but if your model simulations does not crash, then I assume this this is a benign problem associated only with the output. I had a similar problem with adjoint seaice variables (and TAF code), that weren’t properly exchanged before writing to disk. Please have a look at pkg/autodiff/addummy_in_stepping.F which is the routine that organizes the output of the adjoint variables. You’ll see that there are plenty of “call adxexch”, but unfortunately only if ALLOW_OPENAD is not defined. I guess you can probably try and fix the code for the OpenAD case youself (and contribute your fixes).

Martin