[MITgcm-support] Sensitivities, OpenAD, tiles

Heriberto Vazquez heriberto1mx at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 20:48:08 EDT 2015

Hello everyone

I am doing some research in the Gulf of Mexico, so far I have an
implementation of MITgcm and its adjoint built with OpenAD. Everything
looks just fine except because in the sensitivity plots I can see the
tiles' edges with relative high values in sensitivities and in the corner
of the tiles with the highest values.

Some peculiarities are the fact that the sensitivity in adjetan works just
fine without problem with the edges but in sensitivity of adjuvel and
adjvvel I can see the lines; for adjuvel are more visible the vertical
lines (north-south) and for adjvvel are more visible the horizontal lines
(east-west), but for salinity and temperature both lines (horizontal and
vertical) are visible and in the corners of the tiles appear the biggest
sensitivities.

I tried changing advection schemes and the size in the overlapping but the
lines are still there.

It looks like is an exchange problem, but I don't know where to look at.

Do you have any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers,

Heriberto
Posdoctoral Researcher