[MITgcm-support] 1851 Input choice

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Sep 1 05:07:45 EDT 2015

Tobia,

runoff is probably not critical and you could consider using a climatology.
Do you want to force the model with net heat flux and net fresh water flux alone? Often, these “hindcast" experiments are forced by downward radiation, wind and preciptation (and runoff). Then, upward radiation, wind stress and evaporation are computed by bulk formulae from the ocean state (and the forcing fields). Have a look at EXF_OPTIONS.h for example combinations (and the appropriate CPP-flags that you need to specify).

Martin