[MITgcm-support] Kinetics energy budget

marco reale reale.marco82 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:18:30 EDT 2015

Hi Jean Michel

at end I fixed the problem with momentum budget as I had discretized in a wrong way the term related to the tendency from vertical viscous flux of momentum (as I’m using the implicit_viscosity=.TRUE.). Still using the momentum budget for the zonal and meridional component , multiplying the first for U and the second V and applying the KEscheme=2 I’ve been able to reconstruct the variation of KE from TOTUTEND and TOTVTEND. Now it appears that the code I wrote works fine

Thanks a lot for your  suggestions :)

marco

*****************
Marco Reale,Ph.d
University of Trieste-Department of Mathematics and Geosciences
International Center for Theorethical Physics (ICTP)-Earth System Section (ESP)
National Institute of Geophysics and Oceanography (OGS)-Ocean Modeling Section (OCE)
skype: mcreal82
mobile number: +39 327 0888069
web-page: http://www.phdfluidmechanics.units.it/content/marco-reale
Associazione Geofisica Italiana (AGI)
Società Meteorologica Italian (SMI)
American Geophysical Union (AGU)
Società italiana per le scienze del clima( SISC)