[MITgcm-support] heat budget associated with shelfice

Malte Jansen mfj at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 1 12:50:34 EDT 2015

Hi Dan,

I recently used a similar(ish) setup and seemed to be able to close the heat budget. I only looked at the (statistically) steady state though (so there was no column heat budget tendency to speak off, but an accurate balance between heat sources and sinks), and I had SHELFICEboundaryLayer=.false..

The one thing I can think off is that the mass flux associated with melting makes this budget a bit complicated in your case - but I’m not sure how to do it right. Maybe SHlForcT is what you want to compare to?

-Malte