[MITgcm-support] Pickup Output Times

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Jan 27 14:22:08 EST 2015

Hi Chris,

We do check regularly that the restart is working (no diff at all)
for all the verification experiments set-up (as reported, e.g., here:
http://mitgcm.org/testing/results/2015_01/rs_acesgrid-mp2_20150127_0/summary.txt
), and one experiment uses pkg/cheapaml (cheapAML_box) and an other
one (in Contrib) uses pkg/cheapaml with sea-ice (offline_cheapaml),
and both are restarting perfectly.

However, and this has been posted to this list a few times, last time last December:
http://mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2014-December/009642.html
there is an issue regarding NetCDF pickup files in MITgcm
(thinking of adding a warning and changing to FALSE the default value
of pickup_write_mnc & pickup_read_mnc)

Do you see the same problem when using, in data.mnc :
 pickup_write_mnc=.FALSE.,
 pickup_read_mnc=.FALSE.,
(like in all verification experiments that do use pkg/mnc, */input*/data.mnc)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel