[MITgcm-support] Pickup Output Times

Chris Horvat horvat at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 26 14:08:30 EST 2015

Hi all,

I'm emailing regarding whether pickup files are synchronised.

I've been filing some runs using pickup output, which comes from three
places:

pickup_ic.0000210000.*.nc
pickup_cheapaml.0000210000*.data/meta
pickup.0000210000*.nc

Which are all outputed with the same timestamp.

However, whenever I restart a run, there is a significant jump in
ocean/cheapaml state as compared to what would happen if the run was
extended longer.

In my mind this might be attributed to a time mismatch in the outputted
fields, but perhaps it is something else? Wondering if this is something
others have run into.

Thanks,

Chris