[MITgcm-support] pickup files not working for dic and ptracers packages

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 08:57:21 EST 2015

Hi there

I am running a model with the ptracers and dic packages turned on.

Currently when a run runs out of walltime, the physical variables start
from where they left off but the biogeochemical variables (dic, o2, po4
etc) always go back to their starting values even though the following
files are being created...

pickup_ptracers.ckptA.data
pickup_ptracers.ckptA.meta
pickup_dic.ckptA.meta
pickup_dic.ckptA.data

I am using the pickupSuff='ckptA' option in my data file.

Is there something else that I need to do to prompt my runs to use the dic
and ptracers pickup files?

Many thanks

Jonny

--