[MITgcm-support] KE diagnostics

marco reale reale.marco82 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:20:06 EST 2015

Dear MITGCM users,

I’m using the MITGCM in Hydrostatic configuration, implicit linear free surface and flux form momentum equation: I would be curious to reconstruct the Kinetic Energy using the Uvel and Vvel from the diagnostics of the model instead using directly the KE from the diagnostics.

I had a look on the subroutine mom_calc_ke.f and I saw that the model has several ways to do that: in general the diagnostics momKE in the Hydrostatic case from the model doesn’t include the vertical component of velocity.Right?

So where I can find how the model did the computations of KE in case of Hydrostatic configuration?

Cheers

Marco