[MITgcm-support] Installation of gfortran and netcdf

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jan 15 05:30:15 EST 2015

Nick,

the fact that all of your test fail usually means that something very simple (but fundamental) goes wrong (like the cpp command fails and no *.f can be generated or similar). I suggest to have a look at genmake.log; there you’ll find the actual error messages of the c-preprocessor cpp and the compilers.

Did you try to compile and run simple “hello world” programs with your gfortran?

Martin